Llewellyn Lloyd died in 1876 and his tomb, erected by his grandson Sir Charles Llewellyn Andersson in 1905,is situated at Västra Tunhem in the Vänersborg Kommun.
Sir Charles Llewellyn Andersson, Charles John Andersson’s son helped raise, serve in and later commanded the South African Light Horse Regiment and after the occupation of Johannesburg, during the Boer war of 1899-1902, returned to civilian life, assisting the military administration as a Justice of the Peace. He was a prominent figure in the mining and financial world of Johannesburg in the early 1900s, amassing a fortune from speculation and an exceptional accountancypractice. He built the Dolobran House in Johannesburg as his family seat in South Africa in 1906, a year after paying for the erection of his grandfather’s tomb in Västra Tunhem, Sweden. In 1919 he travelled to the border between South West Africa and Portuguese Angola, in search of his father’s grave and was shown the site by ‘Cocky’ Hahn, the grandson of Carl Hugo Hahn. Twenty years later in 1939 he commissioned a stone and cross to be raised on the gravesite that was then enclosed by an iron paling.
Due to the inaccessibility of the site on the boundary between what is now Namibia and Angola, and the war that ensued in Angola, any recorded visits to the gravesite of Charles John Andersson throughout the 20thcentury were singular. But in 2007 Namibian Historian, Gunter von Schumann and his wife Julia, Swedish Journalist Christer Blomstrand and Lena Johansson Blomstrand, Charge de Affaires of the Swedish Embassy in Namibia, and Pastor Shekutaamba Nambala, from Ondangwa on the Namibian side of the border visited the site, guided by Sarafina Tuningeni a resident of Ongonga, the nearest settlement to the site on the Angolan side of the border. Her knowledge of its whereabouts had been handed down to her from her parents.